Outbox: Total Fitness Magazine July 2011

By Katherine Eustaquio
Published in Total Fitness Magazine July 2011


I used to think that pumping iron is a waste of time.  That was my pre-gym mentality.  All that changed when my partner asked me to be his gym buddy so we can hang out after work.  I became a gym addict and frequented the gym more than he did.  I realized that hitting the gym after work is a total stress buster and that weightlifting isn't just for the vain.  You need determination, endurance, and discipline to sculpt and tone your muscles.

I joined Brickroad Fitness Gym last January 2011 as part of my new year’s resolution to have a more active lifestyle.  It’s also a great way to coax myself away from my desk.  But what makes gym time more exciting is the challenge that my partner gave me.  In preparation for his sister’s wedding on December, my partner sponsored my gym program.

We came up with what we call The 8888 Challenge, after the gym’s 8th year anniversary promo wherein an 8-month gym membership for only P8,888 instead of their usual P2,000/month fee.  The deal/challenge is that I have to lose a target weight loss of 15lbs by December through workout and healthy diet alone.  Use of performance enhancement drugs, diet/slimming pills, and excessive sauna usage will render the deal invalid and will entitle him to a treat defined but not limited to services and products such as restaurant, health / wellness / grooming centers, gym equipment, electronic gadgets and the like.

A monthly weigh-in is also agreed upon, which makes me feel like a boxer gearing up for a fight.  If I fail to reach the target weight loss by December, I have to reimburse the interest for each pound set at P1,100 each and a treat.

We even had this deal formalized with a legal contract that we signed last May 2011 in the presence of two witnesses.  Silly? Maybe.  But it’s a good motivation.  Let’s see how this will turn out.

Meanwhile, let’s all get active and bet fit—in mind, body, and soul.

Katherine C. Eustaquio
Contributing Writer





For more information about Brickroad Fitness Gym, you may call (63-2) 682220 to 81
Designed by OddThemes | Distributed by Blogger Themes