Carlton Powerblade 9900 Tour Review

Words by Katherine C. Eustaquio
Published in Action & Fitness Magazine November - December 2008

Whenever my friends ask me “what’s your racket these days?”, I don’t know if I should tell them about the two dozen articles I’ve yet to write or the Barney-colored racket I use to play badminton. But if you ask me what my racket is today, one thing comes to mind—the Carlton Powerblade 9900 Tour.

This newcomer from the Powerblade Tour just felt right the first time I held it. After an hour of badminton talk with Chamber Gandella of Proline, I just know I have to give this racket a shot, literally.

Long drops are the hardest for me. I was ready to blame my not-so-toned arms but now I realized that my old racket, the Barney-colored one, was just too heavy for me. At 85gm, the Powerblade 9900 Tour is so light your pair of Havaianas probably weighs more. If you’re an aggressive player who likes to conquer your opponent with powerful smashes, this racket won’t tire your arms, toned or not.

The Powerblade 9900 Tour also made backhand shots easier for me. The non-slip rubber on the handle guarantees that the racket won’t fly off your hands and hit the referee’s face. And since it’s lightweight, quick reflex actions won’t shock your wrists.

With a maximum string tension of 28 lbs., the Powerblade 9900 Tour is one smashing racket perfect for advanced players. It may not be as kickass-looking as the Carlton Airblade 30 with its fiery red façade, but I’ll take the Powerblade 9900 Tour on any day because its performance overpowers the classic color scheme of black, gray and yellow.

After a few games with my friends and two rounds of coffee later, I can say that the Powerblade 9900 Tour is a no nonsense racket. It’s designed to do one thing: improve your game. Its IsoFrame head shape, which is unique for the Powerblade design, allowed me to hit the sweet spot easier and because it’s so light, it greatly improved my dexterity and saved my wrists. I say it’s sure to be a hit (pun intended) among serious badminton aficionados. Give it a shot.

So tell me, what’s your “racket” these days?”

# # #
Designed by OddThemes | Distributed by Blogger Themes