Archie The Movie, Anyone?

Words by Katherine C. Eustaquio

I’ve been reading my Archie comics all over again. This time around, armed with the knowledge that Archie would eventually marry Ronnie, I realized the following:

  • Archie and Veronica celebrate their anniversary (even if they're not a steady couple).
  • Archie and Betty don’t have an anniversary.
  • Since time immemorial, Betty is Archie’s 2nd choice, never the first.
  • Betty is such a nice girl. Archie being Archie, he doesn’t have the heart to blow her off.

See? After all these years, it’s obvious that Archie will choose Veronica.
On the other hand, I also found out that Veronica’s mom is named Hermoine Lodge. Hiram and Hermoine. Royal couple.

Okay, so I’ve been getting nostalgic lately. I wonder why Hollywood hasn’t made an Archie Movie yet. When I was in high school, I remember my Dad said that Michael J. Fox was supposed to play Archie in the 1990’s version. Unfortunately, Fox revealed that he has been suffering from Parkinson’s disease.

With the big batch of young and talented celebrities these days, I’m sure whoever will produce a Hollywood-movie version of the comics will have no problem for the cast. Here are my suggestions:


Zac Efron as Archie Andrews
He’s the new John Travolta. He’s young, cute, and versatile.
He’s perfect to play the part of a teenage redhead dealing with typical teen problems.



Leighton Meester as Veronica Lodge
Who can better play the rich witch better than the rich bitch herself?
Leighton Meester is perfect for the part.



Hayden Panettiere as Betty Cooper
I would have chosen Blake Lively but she would overpower Meester’s character.
So it’s Hayden Panettiere, the typical-looking, All-American, not-so-dumb-looking-blonde.



Shia LaBeouf as Jughead Jones
There’s something about Shia LaBeouf I’ve always found comical, not in the bad way of course.
He has the face of a friendly, loyal, yet at times mischievous, woman-hater.



Ed Westwick as Reggie Mantle
As with Veronica Lodge, who can better play the part of the teenage devil better
than the teenage devil himself? That’s that.



Lindsay Lohan as Cheryl Blossom
That’s self-explanatory.

Remember, you saw it here first.
Cheers!
Designed by OddThemes | Distributed by Blogger Themes